Each guest has a private indoor enclosure. This reduces stress as they are able to “get away” and rest without the nuisance of neighbors. Every enclosure is attached to an individual 15-foot outdoor run. Your dog is separated from other dogs by strong, 9-gauge chain link fencing. Access to their outside runs is offered from 6:30 AM to 9:00 PM. Woodland Kennels also features in floor radiated heat throughout. Interior wooden decks have been specially built as a platform for their bedding and sleeping area. Blankets are provided for every guest. A large perimeter fence protects the entire building and grounds.
Accommodations for Dogs
Dogs have different personalities. Some may prefer to run the fence line with their new neighbor and others would rather curl up with a warm blanket and take a nap. Whichever personality your dog has, Woodland Kennels works. Our unique design offers social flexibility and safety to your pet. Private interior enclosures provide your dog a place of solitude inside, while their individual run allows them safe, separated interaction with other guests.
Accommodations for Cats
Cats like to withdraw when in an unfamiliar situation. Our cattery offers a quiet room apart from the dog boarding area. Each cat enclosure offers perches at different levels as well as constant access to their litter pan, food and water, and a hiding box with bedding.
Requirements for Boarding
- Proof of vaccinations (Rabies, Distemper/Parvo, and Bordatella for dogs; Rabies and Feline Distemper for cats) and a vaccination record copy for our files
- Completed Kennel Contract (good for one year)
- Completed Pet Profile (one per pet)
- Food: The appropriate amount of food for your dog or cat’s stay is to be provided from home.
- All guests of Woodland Kennels MUST be flea-free to stay with us. Each guest will be examined for fleas at check-in. If fleas or evidence of fleas are found, a flea bath will be given at the owners expense. Grooming rates apply. Acceptable flea medications are as follows: Bravecto, Simtarica, Advantix, NexGard (small dogs only). The Sorresto collars are also acceptable.
Woodland Kennel Hours (Reservations Required)
|DAY||MORNING HOURS||AFTERNOON HOURS|
|SUNDAY||7:00 AM – 8:30 AM||(NO PM HOURS)|
|MONDAY||7:30 AM – 9:00 AM||4:00 PM – 5:30 PM|
|TUESDAY||7:30 AM – 9:00 AM||4:00 PM – 5:30 PM|
|WEDNESDAY||7:30 AM – 9:00 AM||(NO PM HOURS)|
|THURSDAY||7:30 AM – 9:00 AM||4:00 PM – 5:30 PM|
|FRIDAY||7:30 AM – 9:00 AM||4:00 PM – 5:30 PM|
|SATURDAY||7:30 AM – 9:00 AM||(NO PM HOURS)|
The following are our holiday hours and closings (For holiday weekends, there is a 3 night reservation minimum.):
- New Year’s Day – (office closed)
- Woodland Kennels and Grooming will be closed January 9th, 2019 at 5:30 PM and will reopen January 24th, 2019 at 7:30 AM for deep cleaning, concrete floor sealing, and other necessary maintenance.
- Good Friday – (morning hours only, office closed in the afternoon)
- Easter – (office closed)
- Memorial Day – (morning hours only, office closed in the afternoon)
- Independence Day – (office closed)
- Labor Day – (morning hours only, office closed in the afternoon)
- Thanksgiving Day – (office closed)
- Friday following Thanksgiving – (office closed)
- Christmas Eve – (office closed)
- Christmas Day – (office closed)
- New Year’s Eve – (morning hours only, office closed in the afternoon)
Woodland Kennels Guest Rates
- $22.00 per night per enclosure. Tax is not included.
- $10.00 for each additional dog sharing the same enclosure. Tax is not included. Some limits apply*.
- Payment is due in FULL when you pick up your dog(s) at the end of their stay with us.
*Dogs MUST be from the same family and able to be housed together at meal time. Size of dogs may also limit our ability to house them together. There is a limit of two large dogs per enclosure for their comfort.
- $10.00 per night per enclosure. Tax is not included.
- $4.00 for each additional cat sharing the same enclosure. Tax is not included.
- There is a limit of two cats per enclosure.
- Payment is due in FULL when you pick up your cat(s) at the end of their stay with us.
A $25.00 non-refundable down payment is required for reservations. A $50.00 non-refundable down payment is required for reservations of 5 nights or longer.
Playtime for Dogs
During playtime your dog(s) will have the opportunity to run/jump/play in the back yard while being supervised. We give your dog or family of dogs personalized time in our large exercise yard to do their “choice” of activity. That may be catch with a ball, tug, Frisbee, or for an older guest, a time of petting and wandering through the grass. Playtime is very beneficial for your dog(s). It provides additional entertainment, great exercise and ensures a restful nights sleep. Our prices are per family, so whether you have one or five fur family members staying as our guests, it is only one charge per session.
Accepted Forms of Payment
We accept cash or checks. We also accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express with a small fee attached to cover the fee charged by the credit card company.
We require 3-day notice for kennel cancellations. A “late cancel” or “no show” fee of $50.00 will apply. The non-refundable down-payment will be used for this fee.
After-Hours & Late Fee Policy
We offer* the option of after-hours pick-up or drop-off for a fee of $30.00 per pet. An appointment is required. If you arrive early or late (outside of our stated business hours), you will also be charged a $30 per pet fee.
*Offer not available Sundays or holidays. May not be available at all times.